Tuesday 1 December 2009

questions & answers.

so, i saw some questions on kisses & cross stiches (a rather lovely photo-filled blog) & felt quite inspired to answer them in a post on here.
sometimes i feel like i don't share enough of myself on here, i mean i do try but i've just always been quite a private person so it doesn't come easy to me to share things about myself.
here goes:
who are you? i'm a sixteen year old girl, relatively tall with a short mess of curly hair.
*
what is your name? my name is charlotte imlah. i love my last name, it is rather amusing to say & people always do a double take.
*
where do you live? i live in the north east of england in a fairly small village, i won't say exactly where for, y'know, privacy reasons, but it is quite near scotland - the land of my fore-fathers.
*
who do you live with? well my parents are separated, so for half the week my brother & i live with my dad, and then for the other half we live with my mum & step dad.
*
what is your favourite colour? oh, this is a tricky question! i would say this changes almost daily, i love bright colours but my favourites are turquoise, purple, orange, magenta & blue.
*
name three songs which you could not live without? gosh, another tricky question! hmmmm i think rosalita (come out tonight) by bruce springsteen, here comes the sun by the beatles & simple twist of fate by bob dylan. ohhh it kills me to cut out so many great artists!
*
name one person that you could not live without? i don't think i could pick just one person, it would have to be all or nothing as i just can't choose.
*
what is on your walls? posters of the beatles, the clash & the kooks, loaaaads of pictures i've cut from magazines & things, my pinboard covered in cinema tickets etc and an audrey hepburn calendar.
*
what is the most treasured item in your wardrobe? i think if i had to pick it would be my jimi hendrix tshirt because i have so many things i can pair it with, and it was ridiculously cheap.
*
what are your favourite books? catcher in the rye by jd salinger, shout by philip norman, high fidelity, slam & about a boy by nick hornby & so many more that it would take too long to list!
*
your favourite films? eternal sunshine of the spotless mind, the shawshank redemption, high fidelity, about a boy, notting hill, love actually, little miss sunshine, amelie, breakfast at tiffany's & back to the future 1, 2 & 3.
*
who is your idol? i have so many! john lennon for his love for peace, jimi hendrix for the obvious guitarist reasons, bob dylan because he is so inspiring, laura marling because she is only 19 & she has achieved so much that it just astounds me & audrey hepburn for her style & elegance.
*
who is your style icon? i wouldn't say i have one person in particular, i'm mostly inspired by old photos & films, or even people i pass in the street.
*
which blogs are your favourites? ohh, so many! a few of my favourites are color me katie because of her amazingly creative photos, in bug's drawers for the lovely outfits & locations & oh emma just for the sheer awesomeness of her charity shop finds.
*
winter or summer? autumn all the way. i love the colours & the icyness in the air before the rain of winter sets in.
*
bare legs or tights? tights outside, bare legs round the house.
*
long hair or short? shorrrrrrrrrrrt of course! i wish i could look good with long hair, but i tend to get the christmas tree effect & that just doesn't suit anyone.
*
heels or flats? i would have to say flats, they're just so much more comfortable, and much more versatile. oh, and i can't walk in heels very well at all!

7 comments:

  1. I loveeeee reading these posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. omgggg this was awesome!!! i'm a total tights girl outside too! and also, you have to show us the jimi hendrix shirt that you like!
    xxx

    AlphaBetaChic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you both :)
    yeaaaah of courses! i wear it all the time, i'm surprised it hasn't appeared on here more often!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww... thanks for mentioning me, glad you like the blog, I adore yours :)

    You named like all of my idols too, lol. I have a huge poster of Lennon in my apartment and I love looking at it every day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww it's no problem. thank youuu!
    hahaa! i have got to get me one of those!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for answering darls!

    i;m loving your blog!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh, no worries, i loved it!
    ahh thank you soo much :)

    ReplyDelete

the wrote and the writ.