Saturday 9 January 2010

i put a spell on you

FINALLY got around to seeing this today:
nowhere boy,
best
film
ever!
to those who haven't heard of it, it's a biopic of john lennon (one of my heroes :) focusing mainly on his childhood, which was pretty traumatic.
(awww man, the edge of the picture got cut off. daayyyym)

i won't spoil the film, but you should totally go & see it. especially if you're a beatles fan, 'cause it really helps to understand why john lennon was the way he was.
oh and also, aaron johnson (the dude who plays john lennon) is a total babe!

"it's my buddy holly look"
you're damn right it is!

i went to see it with my friends kate & joanna which was lovely, i don't think there's ever been more squealing in the tyneside cinema! there were a few inaccuracies in it i must say, but i, as a truly devoted beatles fan, resisted the urge to point them out.
the picture above is from one of my favourite scenes, where the quarrymen (the first draft of the beatles) were recording in spite of all the danger - the now infamous session.
i think i'm going to have to buy the dvd. and the soundtrack. and the cardboard cutout from the cinema, which i have a photo of me & kate standing next to.
actually, i may ring the cinema & ask if i can buy it. that wouldn't be too much would it?
OH. aaaaaaaaaand we saw our head teacher there, most hilarious thing ever! tres awkward, although i'm fairly sure he had no clue who we were.
after the film, we went shopping for a friend's birthday present (we got her a jewellery box between us) & i bought a hairband, some flowers for my hair & i pretty damn awesome tshirt which i'll post pictures of sharpish, as well as the tartan shirt i bought from ebay which arrived this morning.
:)

8 comments:

  1. I cannot wait to see this film! I loved aaron johnson in 'angus, thongs...' and 'nowhere boy' looks amazing :D

    Georgina x

    ReplyDelete
  2. it really was, you should totally go see it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, two posts & I have found two new things to check out.
    I can't wait to see what else you have here. I might stay a while :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha omggg i will rent it! i want to see a good movie!
    xx

    AlphaBetaChic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. awwww thank you!
    & oh you should, it's such a lovely film.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't heard of this but my husband would LOVE it. He's loves any music bio movie.

    ReplyDelete

the wrote and the writ.