Thursday 1 March 2012

ho hum

Hello dears! I've been humming and hawing over this post for the past few days, I've been really unconfident about it which is really weird actually! That probably sounds a little bit strange, so I shall explain! In my second to last Textiles project, we could make either an accessory or a garment as our final outcome (I chose to make five accessories!), and then all the pieces we made would be photographed in a little photoshoot held in college. My tutor asked me to model my pieces and I did, and I was going to use them for my shop, but I'm really not sure now! I'm just really self-conscious about how the photos look, probably because I'm so used to taking my own pictures for this blog and choosing the ones where I look least like a goat. Oh, this is getting so rambly, but I was hoping that if I put them up here you guys could give me your opinion on them? (The overall photos, not just how passing my resemblance to a goat is.) I would so, so appreciate your feedback! (:
I made a few more pieces than there are in the photos, but some of the pictures didn't quite work so I haven't included them. My hair was lilac at the time, but it's such a weird colour here!
(There are two collars layered up in this photo)
The photoshoot was kind of based on these two lookbooks;
Everlasting Sprout - whose work is so pretty and amazing and awe-inspiring! Their website is in Japanese though so it's ridiculously hard to find things.
Charlotte Taylor - her prints are so cute and unusual!
Hopefully that explains why I look so serious! I was actually meant to look like that, but, I don't know, I think I just look really moody and miserable! Anyway, please let me know what you think.
I also pinned some of my jewellery to the stand, and I love love love these photos! I really need to get myself a mannequin - or steal this one!
I was going to put some pictures up of the sketchbook I did for this project, but the light was really bad today so I'll post them another time!
*
PS. My giveaway winner is pupoyuki! Congratulations lovely, I have sent you an email to ask for your address. I feel so bad that everyone can't win, but that defeats the point I guess! I'd also like to say thank you thank you thank you so much to everyone that entered, everyone who follows me and all the new followers who have arrived over the past few weeks! It really does mean so, so much to me that people like to see into my little corner of the world (:
PPS. The collars will be up in my shop soon for anyone who would like to purchase them, and they will be available in a few more colours too.

10 comments:

  1. wonderful photographs! i love the mannequin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the follow on the new blog, despite its lack of content!
    As one of my inspirations for starting it, it means a lot.

    Love the collars by the way. The third one down is definitely my favourite :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you're very welcome! And wow, thank you, that means a lot to me too!

      Thank you, I'm going to be selling them soon hopefully!
      x

      Delete
  3. Wow, these photographs are amazing!
    You're so, so talented!!
    Charlestown, xo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this pictures/accessories are amazing! :) I can understand that you were nervous about presenting them on your blog, but let me tell you: there's no reason to. ;) You did an amazing job creating these items. (Are you studying to become a designer? That would be so cool! Then I could say I knew you even before you were famous! :))
    Anyway: Great! I'm staring in awe at your work of arts!
    And don't be shy about having other people take you picture. ;) You don't look the least bit like any animal, only like a pretty girl! :) Can't wait to see more of your creations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh, thank you so much! That's really lovely to hear!
      x

      Delete
  5. like everyone said, the collars are amazing. and the photos are great, i like the quirkiness of the serious face in contrast to the fun/colorful accessories.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm now following you! I love your blog!

    http://www.afrenchinlosangeles.com/

    ReplyDelete

the wrote and the writ.