Friday 22 June 2012

Tramps like us, baby we were born to run.

Hello! I thought I would do a little round up of what I've been doing lately, and also to kind of prove that I do wear what I wear on here in real life!
 
My hair is SO BAD here, hahaha, oh. Imogen, Jess & me (with Miranda taking the photo!) on our textile-twats-on-tour night out. At a drag bar, obviously. And me & Miranda saw our drag queen alter egos.
Tshirt - VV Brown concert, necklace - car boot sale, shorts - vintage, coat - H&M.

Cathryn, Alix & me at The Swung Eight, a swing dancing/1920s-50s night. It was so much fun! Even though I felt really lame because I have no idea how to swing dance, but I think we are actually going to start going to swing dancing lessons, which would be so amazing! Also I felt like the Queen of Pastels in this outfit, and I actually wore heels for once!
Dress - charity shop, necklace - gift, flower crown - DIY.
I went for a picnic with the Textiles gals in a fields near Imogen's house. This was honestly the funniest day ever! Me, Lianne & Miranda had to get the bus to her house and we couldn't work out where to get off so we just sat there for ages having a collective panic attack. Then when we got to the house we hid from Jess, which included running into Imogen's kitchen with a kidnapped ornamental wooden swan. Yeah, I'm 20 next year, and what?
We literally got chased out of the fields by these cows! We were sitting quite innocently in the corner of the field, just by the stream and then we started playing some music (There Is A Light That Never Goes Out by The Smiths) and about twenty cows started slowly walking, then running down towards us! We all went a bit  crazy & threw things in the picnic basket, put our shoes on the wrong feet & fell over jumping the gate. Very, very eventful!
Story time with Real Life magazine (which was not mine, I hasten to add!). I am going to do an outfit post at some point with these shorts because they are really cool, my mum bought me them for getting a Distinction in my FMP & they are made from 1960s furnishing fabric.
Top - ebay, shorts - vintage, necklace - Tynemouth market.
I went to see Bruce Springsteen last night with my friend Kate! It was incredible. He played for three hours street! It was like some kind of religious experience, truly, truly amazing.

Also, I started getting Graze boxes recently! I found a free code in a magazine, and ever since then I've become kind of addicted to them. I am trying to be a bit more healthy, and they're little snacks seem much better than my usual afternoon packet (or three) of crisps. Anyway, if you would like to try one for free you can with the code RDQ9HTCD. You have to put your details in, but you can cancel them any time. I think they are definitely worth a try, and I get far too excited when it's Tuesday night and I know mine is arriving in the morning!
I just wanted to see I have recently noticed that this little blog has reached 140 followers! That is just the most amazing, slightly bizarre thing ever and I am so, so grateful to everyone who reads what I have to say in my little corner of the internet! If/when I get to 150 I will definitely be doing another little giveaway, so I will start pondering on what to do.

3 comments:

  1. Clearly cows don't like The Smiths! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I just wanted to say that you're super cool and I'm about to proceed with reading your whole blog because I haven't been here in a while. Also, rad shorts and purple hair. xx

    ReplyDelete

the wrote and the writ.